My first Internship!


  

   This fall I accepted a marketing internship at the Hardin County Armory in Kenton, Ohio. This is my first internship experience and this is covering my marketing internship requirement for my degree. My boss is the site manager, Cheryl Sorgen. I started this internship in late August and I plan to stay until early December. The was built in 1893 and is the oldest armory in Ohio. It was remodeled recently and is now a beautiful venue for proms, weddings, and other parties. 

    My duties right now include managing their social media accounts such as Instagram, Facebook, and their website. I have also made them a logo, business cards, letterhead, as well as social media graphics and promos. We have also worked together to update their customer contract and prices. The biggest project my boss and I are working on is the planning of the first annual Monte Carlo Christmas Gala! We have been mailing donation requests to local businesses, designing invitations, and making promo posts to use on social media closer to the date of the event. The gala is on December 3rd and it will have food, dancing, gambling, and silent auction baskets. The money raised from the gala will go towards new windows in the armory.  

    I am having a lot of fun with this experience and it is a great creative outlet for me. My boss is very flexible with my schedule and has invited me to keep the internship till May. I am excited to raise more awareness and donations for this beautiful piece of history as well as connect with more professionals in the non-profit industry. 

Below are some pictures of the Armory and some weddings that have been there!

Link to the Armory website: https://hardincountyarmory.com/



Until Next Time My Dudes, 

Em

Comments

Popular Posts