First Time Live Tweeting!


    On Tuesday night I decided that for the live tweeting assignment I would live tweet a JV high school boys basketball game. This was not any high school basketball game though, this was the team of the high school I graduated from and this was also the first game I had been to as an alumni. The high school I went to is Waterford High School in Waterford, Ohio. The mascot is the Wildcats with the colors are green and white. I graduated from Waterford in 2021. I was a cheerleader for football and basketball all four years of highschool so it was weird to be sitting in the stands for a game. 

    I have to admit I was little nervous to live tweet because I had never done I before and my twitter followers were probably like "What is she doing?!" LOL. The day before the game I sent out a tweet saying that I would be live tweeting the game and then 10 minutes before the game I posted a reminder. Once I got there I sat with a friend who went with me and my former cheer coach. I decided that I would mostly update my followers on the score and when the quarters started and ended. I had about two tweets per quarter. I also included the theme of the student section which was white lie t-shirts, a shout out to the cheerleaders, and another shoutout to the player that scored the most points on Waterford's team. I included two pictures, one of the student section ad one of the cheerleaders. I also thought I would include all my live tweets from the event. The link to the doc with screenshots of the tweets is at the bottom of this post! 


Em's Live Tweets! 


Comments

  1. Emma, thank you for sharing this post about your first live tweeting experience as I am also very nervous and have gained insights from seeing how you went about live tweeting. I don't even have a twitter so tweeting in general is a foreign concept to me. Hopefully my first experience goes as well as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma! Thank you so much for posting about your first live tweeting experience. I am glad that you were the first one to complete this portion of the course as it gives me somewhat of a basis as to what should be common as I also am not well versed on Twitter! I just advertised that I will be having my first live Twitter posts tomorrow evening. Hoping mine is as great as yours is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts