Marketing with Pinterest


     Today's chapter is about marketing with Pinterest. I use Pinterest a lot on my computer and my phone. I mostly use Twitter to get pretty backgrounds for my phone and mac. I also use Pinterest to find outfit inspiration, recipes, and fun activities. I find it interesting that a lot of these Social Media platforms were formed by college students. When I think of Pinterest I think of moms because it provides outfit ideas for kids, fun activities, recipes, childcare tips, and much more. So I wasn't surprised when I read that more women than men use Pinterest. Pinterest is a great place for companies to market because it provides users with ideas. Ideas make people want to do or buy products or services. Each pin gives the user a photo, description, and a link to an online source. Brands need to increase awareness and engagement and Pinterest needs brands to post pins to keep the app running. Pinterest also has a feature called "Rich Pins" that helps brands include extra information in their pins. I didn't even know this feature existed. 

 There are several different types of rich pins: 
1. Product Pins- The price is included in the pin 
2. Recipe Pins- The instruction and ingredients are included 
3. Article Pins- author, description, and headline included
4. App Pins- Included a button to install an app 
5. Carousel Pins- Pins with multiple images 
6. Buyable Pins- allows users to buy a product without leaving the Pinterest app. 
7. Shop the Look Pins- allows users to find and buy products similar to what's pictured in pins. 

    This chapter included the best times and days to post, which I found interesting. The best time to post on Pinterest is on the weekends preferably Saturday between the hours 2-4pm and 8pm-1am. Posting consistently is also very important. This chapter recommends posting between 5 -30 times a day. I thought this infographic pictured below from the chapter was cool. It shows what topics do the best on the days of the week. I find information like this helpful especially for someone running a company's Social Media platforms. 
8.8.1 (Source: Seiter) 
    Some companies that have done well with Pinterest marketing are Natura Makeup and Caribou Coffee. I have never heard of either of these brands. I think Pinterest is a great platform for a business to be active on. This chapter would be a great place for a Social Media manager to look at to know exactly when and what to post on Pinterest. I really enjoyed this chapter because it provided some information that hasn't been in the previous chapters and it has multiple short videos to watch. See you tomorrow with another post! 
Until Next Time My Dudes, 
Em 

Comments

  1. Emma - I was also very surprised when the chapter went into detail about when the best time to post and how many times a day was best. Posting 5-30 times a day to me seems like a lot however, the times they recommended to post did make sense to me. The use of searching for new recipes is pretty much where I have only heard of Pinterest before this chapter, my mom is a big fan of searching for random things on there. Thanks for the insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma - Thanks for your insight and thoughts into Pinterest. I definitely am not a fan of Pinterest as I just am not interested in that sort of style of Social Media so it is interesting that you use the platform. I know some people who also use Pinterest for recipes and inspirational ideas. I agree with Kyle that posting 5-30 times a day seems like a lot of Pins/posts and definitely wouldn't be able to keep up with that much new content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, love your thoughts on this chapter. I also use Pinterest all the time but I use it as a replacement for VSCO if you know what that is. I was not surprised by the demographic at all either but I also think that more men are using it now than when the app launched.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts