PRSSA ICON 2022

 

    This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to PRSSA ICON in Grapevine, Texas. ICON is a giant conference for students to learn about the PR industry through speakers and to connect with professionals in the industry. One of the things I liked the most about ICON is that you got to pick what speakers you went to each day. Each session has an option of 3 or 4 sessions. My favorite session was about what it is like being a healthcare communicator. The speakers for this session were Jason Carlton and Keisha Ricks. Jason is a marketing manager at Intermountain Healthcare and Keisha is the director of communication for the National Black Nurses Association. They both shared some really cool experiences. Jason told a story about a time when he got to play a surgeon in a commercial about organ donation. He said they used a pomegranate as the organ. I am interested in the healthcare industry so their presentation gave me a lot of information on what I can do to stand out to employers and showed me the many different opportunities I can have in the industry. 
    ICON was hosted at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center which was decorated for their forty days of Christmas event. There were so many Christmas activities to do so Sunday night we decided to go to the Polar Express Ice Sculpture exhibit. The exhibit had every part of the Polar Express movie made out of ice like the train, the hot chocolate scene, and even the characters. 
    I would recommend going to at least one professional conference in your college career because you learn so much about the industry you are going to and it's a great networking opportunity. 
Here are some pictures! 
This is made out of ice!! 


Until Next Time My Dudes, 
Em 

Comments

Popular Posts